Turn To Our New York Defective Product Lawyers
Manufacturers, distributors and sellers are legally responsible for ensuring that their products are safe, and for warning consumers about any possible dangers. While most products on the market are safe, some products are defective and pose a serious danger to consumers. In some cases, manufacturers can be hasty to get the product out on the market and the safety of consumers gets neglected and a defective product is produced on a mass scale. It is the duty of the manufacturer to ensure that the product is safe by rigorous testing, trials, and clear warnings. Serious injury, paralysis, and even death have resulted from manufacturers’ lack of due care. Don’t hesitate to turn to New York defective product lawyers if this has happened to you or a loved one.
Over 22,000 deaths and 29 million injuries are related to consumer products each year, as reported by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Injuries, deaths and property damage caused by consumer products are a $500 billion drain on the economy.
Consumers Can Protect Themselves
Consumers can contact a product liability lawyer in New York if they have been injured by a defective product. Product liability lawsuits offer consumers a legal method to fight back against a manufacturer, distributor, seller or other party in the chain of distribution. In an attempt to hold the manufacturers legally responsible, liability lawsuits are often the only way consumers can recover compensation for injuries or deaths which arise from defective or dangerous products.
The attorneys of Carro, Carro & Mitchell, have more than 100 years of combined legal experience, and have successfully fought and won on behalf of our clients for more than 20 years as a firm in NYC. We have successful experience with product liability cases including
- Defective machinery
- Defective step ladders
- Defective motor vehicles
- Toxic chemicals
What Makes a Product Defective and Unsafe?
Manufacturers have the responsibility to make a product as safe for consumer use. They must warn buyers and users of the proper, safe way to use a product, and of any inherent dangers which exist.
To prove a case, New York defective product lawyers must be able to prove:
- Design defects, which exist before the product is manufactured. Design defects are inherent flaws that make the product significantly unsafe
- Manufacturing defects, which are the problems that arise with a product in the process of it being manufactured or assembled
- Marketing defects in regard how a specific product is marketed, such as inadequate instructions, wrong labeling, or not providing proper warnings on the safety label
Common Products that Cause Harm
- Toys, clothing, or products for infants, babies, children, and toddlers
- Various prescription and over-the-counter medication
- Defective power tools or dangerous heavy machinery
- Automobile design flaws and defective car parts
- Dangerous or defective medical devices
- Defective or dangerous home appliances
- Beverages and food products that are tainted
- Defective, poorly designed, or dangerous playground apparatus and recreational equipment.
- Toxic chemicals in consumer products and materials such as household cleaners and pesticides.
Contact a New York Defective Product Lawyer
Our experienced New York defective product lawyers at Carro, Carro & Mitchell LLP are committed to representing injured consumers and winning the maximum compensation possible.
Call us for a FREE consultation at (212) 213-5005 or send a web message and someone will contact you shortly.